Note from the host: Ready to create your own quarter life comeback? Get exclusive subscribers-only content and other cool stuff for rocking your journey by [cp_modal id=”cp_id_43e62″]clicking here. [/cp_modal]
Today I’m excited to welcome Austin Belcak to The Quarter Life Comeback podcast.
Austin Belcak is the founder of Cultivated Culture, where he helps people land the career of their dreams and make more money while they’re at it.
But things weren’t always that way.
Just a few years ago, Austin was making close to nothing at a job he hated in a small town. He was putting 1,500 miles on his car a week, could barely afford to eat Ramen for breakfast and was swimming in over $10,000 of credit card debt.
Austin became fascinated by why and how others his age were working at world-class companies, buying their own apartments and traveling around the world.
For the next 12 months, he researched every aspect of the recruiting process for top companies, and then went through it himself. He went to over 50 interviews at top companies like Google, Twitter, and Uber.
Austin ended up securing a dream job and now helps others do the same without needing to have connections and qualifications needed for the job.
In this episode, I share my interview with Austin for his Virtual Career Mastery Summit, an online event with leading entrepreneurs and thought leaders designed to help you take control of your career.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- How my mentor called me out
- Why you NEED to take action before having it all figured out
- The two things that separate those who make it from those who don’t
- Why social media can be your worst enemy
- How to turn your smartphone into a dumbphone
- Why you need to stop looking for your passion
- Why quitting is your friend when exploring new ideas
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- “Just start moving forward”
- “Things you can’t imagine will start happening”
- “In the beginning, you’re gonna suck”
- “The only way to get better is to be okay with sucking at first”
- “Quitting is really helpful”
- “There’s nothing wrong with doing things as a hobby”
Finally, you can hang out with Austin on the various social media channels below:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
If you enjoyed this episode, shoot me a tweet @BryanTeare and let me know your biggest takeaways. Feel free to share it around with your friends so they can benefit from the podcast as well.
Also, I’d be really grateful if you could leave an honest rating & review for The Quarter Life Comeback on iTunes. They’re extremely helpful in terms of the rankings and visibility of the show, and I read each and every one of them personally 🙂
Thanks again for having me on the summit, Austin!
P.S. Want to support The Quarter Life Comeback? Now you can by becoming a patron! Click here to learn more.
READY TO CREATE YOUR COMEBACK?
Sign up below to get even more episodes like this as soon as they go live! You'll also receive exclusive subscribers-only content, news, and updates on products and services via email. Unsubscribe at any time.