Note from the host: Ready to create your own quarter life comeback? Get exclusive subscribers-only content and other cool stuff for rocking your journey by [cp_modal id=”cp_id_43e62″]clicking here. [/cp_modal]
Today I’m excited to welcome Benjamin Baldwin to The Quarter Life Comeback podcast.
Benjamin Baldwin is a 26-year-old filmmaker and producer of the new documentary series Misunderstood, who describes himself as the stereotypical Millennial looking to create a happy work-life balance, while also striving for success.
Coming from a family in business and real estate, Benjamin wanted to do something that made him happy and that he loved to do. He wanted to create his own path.
While Benjamin didn’t study film, it was always a passion of his, and through internships, he worked his way up to a staff position at Saturday Night Live’s production company in New York. Eventually, his path led him to freelance, working with VICE, ESPN, National Geographic, the History Channel, MTV, and more, as well as working on his own creative projects on the side.
Most recently, Benjamin launched a passion project digital docu-series called Misunderstood, which aims to challenge the many negative connotations and misconceptions about the millennial generation.
His mission with the project is to give a more raw and real look at what it means to a Millennial today and help others understand that our way of life is the pathway to the future.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to pursue something you love without the qualifications
- Why you don’t need to be “that entrepreneurial kid” to make things happen
- The power of relationships when you’re building something on the side
- Why it’s not too late to make a career change
- The biggest thing our generation is changing
- How our generation is different from those before us
- The common misconceptions about the millennial generation
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- “Our generation is misunderstood”
- “I spent my entire education studying something I wasn’t going to use”
- “You don’t need to spend all that effort to follow your dreams”
- “Look for opportunities on the side”
- “You can change career paths at any time”
- “We’re looking to make the world a better place”
Finally, you can hang out with Ben on the various social media channels below:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
If you enjoyed this episode, shoot me a tweet @BryanTeare and let me know your biggest takeaways. Feel free to share it around with your friends so they can benefit from the podcast as well.
Also, I’d be really grateful if you could leave an honest rating & review for The Quarter Life Comeback on iTunes. They’re extremely helpful in terms of the rankings and visibility of the show, and I read each and every one of them personally 🙂
Thanks again for joining me on the show, Ben, and for sharing your story.
P.S. Want to support The Quarter Life Comeback? Now you can by becoming a patron! Click here to learn more.
READY TO CREATE YOUR COMEBACK?
Sign up below to get even more episodes like this as soon as they go live! You'll also receive exclusive subscribers-only content, news, and updates on products and services via email. Unsubscribe at any time.