Today I’m excited to welcome back Smiley Poswolsky for part 2 of his interview on The Quarter Life Comeback podcast.
In case you missed part 1, Smiley and I spoke about FOMO, social media and how to define & find meaningful work to make our own unique impact.
In this part of the interview, we cover Smiley’s book, including how to turn your quarter life crisis into a breakthrough (or comeback) and why following your passion is terrible advice.
Smiley also shares a brilliant analogy for thinking about the modern-day career, contrary to the outdated “career ladder” approach of our parents.
Finally, we cover some other must-read book recommendations for quarter lifers.
Alright, let’s go check out the rest of the interview with Smiley Poswolsky…
“How can you use your gifts to make an impact?” (Tweet this)
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Why “follow your passion” is bad advice (and what to do instead)
- Why you shouldn’t quit your job just yet
- Why the career ladder model no longer makes sense
- Who will thrive in the new career market
- The best books that quarter lifers need to be reading
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Episode 17 with Caroline Beaton
- Quarter life resources
- The Defining Decade by Meg Jay
- Why 30 is Not the New 20
- Drive by Daniel Pink
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You by Cal Newport
- The Crossroads of Should and Must by Elle Luna
- Daring Greatly and The Gifts of Imperfection by Brene Brown
- The War of Art by Steven Pressfield
- Life After College and Pivot by Jenny Blake
- Episode 22 with Doug Stewart
Finally, you can hang out with Smiley on the various social media channels below:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
If you enjoyed this episode, shoot me a tweet @BryanTeare and let me know your biggest takeaways. Feel free to share it around with your friends so they can benefit from the podcast as well.
Also, I’d be really grateful if you could leave an honest rating & review for The Quarter Life Comeback on iTunes. They’re extremely helpful in terms of the rankings and visibility of the show, and I read each and every one of them personally 🙂
Thanks again for joining me on the show, Smiley, and for sharing your story.
P.S. Want to support The Quarter Life Comeback? Now you can by becoming a patron! Click here to learn more.
READY TO CREATE YOUR COMEBACK?
Sign up below to get even more episodes like this as soon as they go live! You'll also receive exclusive subscribers-only content, news, and updates on products and services via email. Unsubscribe at any time.