Note from the host: Ready to create your own quarter life comeback? Get exclusive subscribers-only content and other cool stuff for rocking your journey by
Today I’m excited to welcome Tom Kuegler to The Quarter Life Comeback podcast.
Tom Kuegler is a full-time freelance writer and digital nomad.
Shortly after graduating with a degree he paid $80 000 for, Tom realized that he didn’t want a traditional 9-5 job. He decided to start freelance writing and embarked on a roadtrip across the United States to see if he would enjoy the remote working lifestyle.
That trip changed Tom’s life. Since then, he’s become a top writer on Medium, went viral through a NowThis video, started his own publication called the Post-Grad Survival Guide, and gets to design his own work environment.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to make an extra $500 per month on Medium
- How to start sharing your thoughts without starting a blog or website
- What it’s like becoming a self-employed digital nomad
- How to test if working remotely is right for you (even if you’re still employed)
- Why travel is so transformational
- Tips for getting started as a freelancer
- How to land a job you’re not qualified for
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Medium Partner Program
- Adventurous Kate
- The Post Grad Survival Guide
- The Post Grad Survival Guide Magazine
- “If I can work from home, I can work from anywhere”
- “I’m just in love with the world”
- “I love the uncertainty behind travel”
- “I wanted to prove to myself that I could do this”
- “I had no backup plan”
- “It’s all about the people you meet”
Finally, you can hang out with Tom on the various social media channels below:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
If you enjoyed this episode, shoot me a tweet @BryanTeare and let me know your biggest takeaways. Feel free to share it around with your friends so they can benefit from the podcast as well.
Also, I’d be really grateful if you could leave an honest rating & review for The Quarter Life Comeback on iTunes. They’re extremely helpful in terms of the rankings and visibility of the show, and I read each and every one of them personally 🙂
Thanks again for joining me on the show, Tom, and for sharing your story.
P.S. Want to support The Quarter Life Comeback? Now you can by becoming a patron! Click here to learn more.
READY TO CREATE YOUR COMEBACK?
Sign up below to get even more episodes like this as soon as they go live! You'll also receive exclusive subscribers-only content, news, and updates on products and services via email. Unsubscribe at any time.