Note from the host: Ready to create your own quarter life comeback? Get exclusive subscribers-only content and other cool stuff for rocking your journey by [cp_modal id=”cp_id_43e62″]clicking here. [/cp_modal]
Today I’m excited to welcome Bassam Tarazi to The Quarter Life Comeback podcast.
Usually, I start off these show notes by briefly explaining what our guest does for a living. But in the case of Bassam Tarazi, that’s not such a simple task.
Over the years, Bassam has been a nuclear engineer, business stategist, author, adventurer, and entrepreneur, founding projects such as a film festival, screenplays, a motivational framework, an online productivity course, a networking event, an entrepreneurial workshop called The Ignition Lab, and so much more.
Some of his adventures include traveling to 72 countries on all 7 continents, getting to Everest Base Camp and the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro, driving from London to Mongolia in a 42 HP car, living on an Alaskan glacier for 8 days, searching for the “pura vida” in Costa Rica, being hunted by a pig-tailed macaque in the jungles of Borneo, and standing face-to-face with Fidel Castro while he held his passport.
All of these experiences left Bassam with a mashed concoction of adaptability, accountability, and finish-ability, which he says happen to be the 3 most important ‘-ilities’ in the entrepreneur’s toolkit.
His new book Borders, Bandits, And Baby Wipes comes out on January 8th, 2018 and documents the kind of adventure we all say we’ll do one day but never do.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- Why every decision you make is the right decision
- Why in 5 years you’ll be wrong
- What to do instead of trying to find your purpose
- Why thinking positively can ruin your chances of success
- How to reinvent yourself while still making money
- How to know if it’s time to quit or keep pushing through
- Why accountability is the secret to everything
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- The Accountability Effect
- In 5 Years You’ll Be Wrong
- So Good They Can’t Ignore You
- Borders, Bandits, and Baby Wipes
- “I’m accountable for my own happiness”
- “Make every decision the right decision”
- “In 5 years you’ll be wrong”
- “Inspiration is only as good as the action it stirs”
- “You are what you do when no one’s looking”
- “I can choose how I react to a situation”
Finally, you can hang out with Bassam on the various social media channels below:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
If you enjoyed this episode, shoot me a tweet @BryanTeare and let me know your biggest takeaways. Feel free to share it around with your friends so they can benefit from the podcast as well.
Also, I’d be really grateful if you could leave an honest rating & review for The Quarter Life Comeback on iTunes. They’re extremely helpful in terms of the rankings and visibility of the show, and I read each and every one of them personally 🙂
Thanks again for joining me on the show, Bassam, and for sharing your story.
P.S. Want to support The Quarter Life Comeback? Now you can by becoming a patron! Click here to learn more.
READY TO CREATE YOUR COMEBACK?
Sign up below to get even more episodes like this as soon as they go live! You'll also receive exclusive subscribers-only content, news, and updates on products and services via email. Unsubscribe at any time.