Note from the host: Ready to create your own quarter life comeback? Get exclusive subscribers-only content and other cool stuff for rocking your journey by [cp_modal id=”cp_id_43e62″]clicking here. [/cp_modal]
Today I’m excited to welcome Cristina Vanko to The Quarter Life Comeback podcast.
Cristina Vanko is an author, art director, illustrator, hand–letterer and designer.
Cristina began her career working for creative agencies, before deciding to go her own route and pursue the world of freelancing.
Now, her mission is to create cool things with a purpose, and her books are a prime example of that.
Throughout her journey, Cristina has battled many of the same demons we all face as young adults, including those annoying little voices in your head trying to tell you that you’re not good enough or aren’t ready for the real world.
Her latest book, Adult-ish, is an illustrated, creative journal filled with prompts asking readers to record different memories in which they truly felt adult-like.
From the first time you visited home without bringing dirty laundry, to the first time you truly felt comfortable in your own skin, the small victories and meaningful milestones in this visual journal allow us to celebrate all we’ve already achieved and laugh at how small our past “problems” really were.
IN THIS EPISODE, YOU WILL LEARN:
- How to identify your purpose by using your downtime
- How to use your network to find freelance opportunities
- Common struggles of being a creative freelancer
- How to deal with irregular monthly income
- A fun, creative way to celebrate your life’s milestones
- The best and worst part about being an adult
RESOURCES & LINKS MENTIONED IN THIS EPISODE:
- Adult-ish: Record Your Highs and Lows on the Road to the Real World
- 100 Days of Adulting
- “You can make art work as a career”
- “Just starting is the first step”
- “Things are going to be ugly in the beginning”
- “Utilize your network as much as possible”
- “Knowing the value of your work is really important”
- “You can’t say yes to everything”
Finally, you can hang out with Cristina on the various social media channels below:
THANKS FOR LISTENING!
If you enjoyed this episode, shoot me a tweet @BryanTeare and let me know your biggest takeaways. Feel free to share it around with your friends so they can benefit from the podcast as well.
Also, I’d be really grateful if you could leave an honest rating & review for The Quarter Life Comeback on iTunes. They’re extremely helpful in terms of the rankings and visibility of the show, and I read each and every one of them personally 🙂
Thanks again for joining me on the show, Cristina, and for sharing your story.
P.S. Want to support The Quarter Life Comeback? Now you can by becoming a patron! Click here to learn more.
READY TO CREATE YOUR COMEBACK?
Sign up below to get even more episodes like this as soon as they go live! You'll also receive exclusive subscribers-only content, news, and updates on products and services via email. Unsubscribe at any time.